“Service action (removal) allowed: No” what that means is that the drive has most likely failed but it is continues to establish a connection with the MD. What you can do is to manually fail the drive using SMcli but it may fail if the array already see the drive as failed .
To manually set a physical disk to offline status you have to use SMcli, the command line interface for the MD3xxx series storage arrays.
- Open a command prompt window on a computer/server with MDSM installed
- Navigate to the installation folder
- The default is c:\program files\dell\MD storage manager\client
- On 64-bit systems it may be in program files (x86)
- You will see smcli.exe in the directory
- At the prompt, type the following
- Capitalization is important
- Remember the semicolon before the end quote
smcli -n enclosureName -p enclosurePassword -c “set physicalDisk [enclosureID,slotID] operationalState=failed;”
EXAMPLE: for MyMD3000i
Smcli -n MyMD3000i -c “set physicalDisk [0,2] operationalState=failed;”